Dragonfly in Milanese lace

Saturday, April 25, 2020

#goforawalk #jacksonroad

This pandemic for me started March 16, 2020, the first day that school was closed.  This week the governor said that school won't return til next August, and it will be very different then.  Since this started, I have been taking a lot of walks on Jackson Road, my neighborhood.  At least 2 short walks with the dog, sometimes 3, and usually 1 long walk just for me every day.  It gives me time to reflect on the absurdity of life as we know it.

From Dante's Purgatorio: " Let us posit as a given: every love that's kindled in you arises necessarily.  Still, the power to constrain it lies with you.


 Catawba River in the fog

 My neighbors have a lot of flowers







 My herb garden





 Ralph, a neighbor, unfortunately moved on to the great mouse hole in the sky.







 Catawba River sunrises

I put the vegetables on the porch to cheat the deer and bunnies

Get outside everyone - go for a walk. 

The road home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment